Tooling

Jun 20, 2008 at 9:19 PM
We are currently using FITNesse for some of our acceptance testing. It is a manual step for our testers to run them. I would really like to be able to run them as part of our CI Build in TFS and have the results to be part of the build report.
One solution for this problem that I have been thinking of  is moving the FITNesse pages into TFS as a new testing type that would use HTML pages or something similar for authoring. Then you could manage them, run them and report on them as all the other tests.
What do you think? Would this be useful for you?
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2008 at 12:03 AM
We are trying to stay fairly agnostic as far as the tooling we recommend in the first part of our guidance.  Think of the guide we are currently writing as a foundation that we will build more guidance on, possibly including tooling recommendations and possibly new testing tools as well.

However, I would like to hear about your expereinces getting Fitnesse-type tests to work in TFS/VSTS.  I had played with a similar idea a few years ago with an add-in for VS2005 and had some success.

Enjoy,
Michael Puleio -- patterns & practices
http://blogs.msdn.com/mpuleio
Jul 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Hey, I am waiting for the 2nd and 3rd releases of the series (Acceptance test automation guide and Tool support for acceptance test-driven development)...Are they already lounched or waiting for the completion?

Is there any old / previous version of the same available?

Thanks,

Shiv Kumar Sahu