Feedback on Alpha Release

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2008 at 3:07 AM

Thanks for your interest in the Acceptance Test Engineering guide.

This CTP is an incomplete draft of a book that is currently being written. We have included the entire Draft Table of Contents. However, there are a number of empty sections in the actual text. If you see an empty section, assume we will fill in the section before we complete the book.

Your feedback is invited. Simply reply to this thread. We will carefully read every piece of feedback.

Thanks,
The team of authors: Grigori, Jon, Gerard, Michael, Rohit

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:27 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Thank you for the preview of the book; I am about halfway through, just finished the section on automated testing, and there are some great items in there and I very much enjoy your definitions and separation of models. One item that I immediately noticed was the use of idioms and colloquialisms, and I would suggest removing as many as possible. For example, an early reference to a binary decision being 'yea' or 'nay', or one line partially reading as "For the supplier to feel confident that their baby will pass muster with the customer requires...".

This is just my personal opinion but I feel that it decreases readability and of more importance lacks a certain professional tone/quality.

I am enjoying the book so far and I plan on monitoring future releases. I will try to provide more feedback once I have finished the book and had a chance to reflect on what I was able understand and fit into my own mental framework of acceptance testing and testing models.

Thanks,
Gary

Edited-removed formatting artifacts
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM
Gary, thanks for your feedback. This is still an early draft. We are trying to find a balance here between a dry reference book and a reader-friendly story telling. It's likely that the colloquialisms will be replaced in the final version of the guide.
Grigori